Yes, 2018 has hit the ground running, that’s for sure! This week alone:
- I wrote 12K to finish the first draft of Evolved – release will be April
- I received edits on Finders Keepers – release 2nd Feb
- I edited Sense of Place and formatted for ebook and paperback (re-release is Jan 17th)
- Release of the Italian translation of Spencer Cohen Book Three
- Beta-read 75K story for a friend
- Had The Weight of It All win Audio of the Year at Open Skye Reviews!
- Had Imago win 2nd place as Book of the Year at Open Skye Reviews
- And The Weight of It All was featured on AudioFile, where Joel won an Earphones Award for the incredible narration, and for a LGBT book – this is kind of HUGE!
- Went through a tonne of admin stuff, including meetings with my accountant, organising blitz tours, ARC tours, and super exciting secret squirrel stuff.
I’m sure there is something else I’m forgetting… But as you can see, it’s been quite a week.
My time at My Fiction Nook as Author of the Month continues! You can read my latest post HERE and you can enter the draw to win an ebook!
Yes, my current WIP is called Evolved, and should be out in April. It’s 60K long (unedited) and I will be spending this week going through it, fixing/tweaking/adding/deleting before sending it off to beta readers. I’ve kept details of this one close to my chest as it’s quite different, and I’ll wait until I hear back from my betas to see what they think.
I did buy a pre-made cover for this about six months ago, but it’s really not right for the story, so I have asked Reese Dante to conjure up some magic for me 🙂
Speaking of Reese Dante and incredibly awesome covers, I don’t believe I’ve shown you the cover for Sense of Place!
In keeping with the first two covers, this will be the forever cover for Sense of Place, and it’s perfect!
And the paperback is GORGEOUS!!
I have the proof of the paperback and can’t wait to hit approve! The three covers together look stunning and I am SO happy to have these boys back under my creative control ❤
For my Italian readers, Spencer Cohen Book Three is out now!
I’m hoping for another busy (read: productive) week. Lots to do and plan for my next book! I have a pre-made cover for it, the location, and how it begins… now I just need the unimportant stuff like character names/histories, title, and plot LOL!
Until then… ❤